I tried so hard to resist. It seemed unnecessary. But I did it. S-y, I think it was reading your post about doing it that made me really consider it.
I joined Facebook. 😦
So if you’re on there and you know me, add me! I’m just experimenting for now. It’s feeding my addiction to online social networking sites as well as procrastination. Please enable me….. At the moment, however, I don’t really see the advantage of having a Facebook profile (it seems so similar to MySpace). I’d avoided it for so long because I was afraid it would make me feel old. (And it does. Seeing “Notre Dame de Sion Alum, ’97” just reminds me every day that my 10-year high school reunion is….this year.)
On a totally unrelated note, here are my answers to a movie meme that’s been circulating:
1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times. “The Wizard of Oz”—hence, my Halloween costume this year (and in 2nd grade).
2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater. My dad took me to see Disney’s “Peter Pan” many times in the ’80s.
3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie. 송강호 (Song Kang-ho). I first saw him in “JSA” and looooved “Memories of Murder.” He rocks.
4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie. Mel Gibson–either acting or directing.
5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from. Again, “The Wizard of Oz.”
6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs. Argh, “The Wizard of Oz.” For variety’s sake, I’ll throw in “The Sound of Music.”
7. Name a movie that have been known to sing along with. “Beauty and the Beast.”
8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see. “친절한 금자씨” a.k.a. “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance.”
9. Name a movie that you own. “말아톤” a.k.a. “Marathon”
10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. The Rock. Seriously.
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? Yes–when I was very young. Can’t remember what we watched, though.
12. Ever made out in a movie? Of course. And once was while watching “The Incredibles” in Seoul.
13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it. Anything directed by Wong Kar Wai.
14. Ever walked out of a movie? I really wanted to walk out of “Stranger Than Fiction” but didn’t because I fell asleep.
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. I went to see “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” by myself after having a traumatic romantic experience. Bad idea! (Although it was cathartic.)
16. Popcorn? I could live off the stuff.
17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)? Once or twice a month.
18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater? “Dreamgirls.”
19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie? I love dark comedies, especially anything directed by Alexander Payne.
20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? Again, probably “Peter Pan.”